Arlington Energy Committee
Wednesday, November 8, 2023
9:00 – 10:15 am
IN PERSON AT THE TOWN HALL and ONLINE
In attendance: Mardi Crane, Alexandra Ernst, Mary Anne Holmes, Karen Lee, Jenny Murtaugh, Stephanie Moffett-Hynds, Joan Nash, and Mary Ann Carlson (Alternate),
- CALL TO ORDER: at 8:02 am
- OLD BUSINESS: Special meeting to prepare upcoming SB presentation on the Carbon Tracking Tool
The committee ran through the presentation, shared feedback at the end, and identified next steps in order to prepare for the Dec. 4 presentation for the Select Board. In addition to minor tweaks here and there, five larger steps will be taken:
- Joan will print out the enormous excel file to be posted on the wall for the presentation.
- Mary Anne Holmes has created some slides that she would like to add to the deck and will share those with Joan and Karen to be incorporated. She will also share them with Jenny, so that she will know what will be on the monitor when she does her part on carbon sequestration in the town forest.
- Karen will send the original of the “cartoon” that she created so that Joni can make it sharper and larger in the slide deck.
- For the final slide or slides during which Mary Ann Carlson will make her summation remarks, Karen will work with Joan to find lots of wonderful slides pertaining to the goals and to Arlington, ending with a slide that Mary Ann will help create, using a scan of a special Arlington montage that the West Mountain Inn gives out to guests that showcases the town and its heritage.
- After Joan has time to integrate all the changes (in about a week), she will share back out with the group the next iteration of the PowerPoint. Each member should carefully look through it. As they rehearse their parts, if there is anything they think might need an adjustment, they should send the suggestion to Karen and Joan who will make the final decisions and changes. If this happens, Joan will send out another iteration to everyone.
Monday, December 4, 7pm to make presentation to SB; All members are urged to be in the Town Hall meeting room or in the Zoom room by 6:30pm so that we can make sure all technical things are in place and we are set to present.
Wednesday, December 6, 6:30 pm for regularly scheduled meeting; guest speaker Marcus Jones to present.
Meeting adjourned at 10:15 am.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Stephanie Moffett-Hynds