Request for Proposals-Energy Consultant
Town of Arlington
July 25, 2023
What: The Town of Arlington is seeking a consultant to work in conjunction with the Arlington Energy Committee to complete the development of an Excel spreadsheet to track past energy and fossil fuel use/savings. The consultant will be tasked with programming an existing spreadsheet to produce graphs explaining and illustrating town energy usage.
- Request for Proposals published July 25, 2023
- Proposals to be submitted  to Nick by August 17, 2023
- Project to be completed by November 1, 2023
How to Submit: Proposals must be submitted to the Town Administrator by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, proposals may be placed in the drop box at the front of Arlington Town Hall, 3838 VT Route 7A Arlington VT 05250.
Background: The Arlington Energy Committee has been working extensively on an excel data collection tool to track the town’s annual energy use and carbon sequestration from town forests and other strategies. The outcomes of this project will be to:
- Track town baseline and yearly energy consumption to inform future decisions and progress towards carbon neutral goal in an easy-to-input tool
- Make energy use, monetary cost, and savings visible through easy-to-understand graphics in Town Report and show future changes over time
- To determine recommendations for the town projects to be implemented based on energy savings projections
- To produce a publicly available spreadsheet with the hope it can support other small towns and institutions track their energy use and plan for carbon reduction
This spreadsheet will enable yearly tracking of energy used, in a manner that is easy to execute by a volunteer energy committee or town resident. Some of the required editable input cells include fuel prices, amounts in cost, and amounts in energy units (ex: kWh or gallons). It will also provide spaces for projections of energy savings based on known projection metrics.
Energy conversions are provided, and carbon sequestration calculations based on area will also be provided. The consultant will be responsible for compiling the information and formatting excel in a way that will enable quick and simple calculations to populate and generate the graphics automatically. Current students are highly encouraged to apply.
- A narrative of your interest and experience in creating excel templates and graphics (1 page maximum)
- Resume, if available
- 2-3 samples of excel graphs generated to show change over time of a data set, include graphs and excel file for each example
- Proposed fee for service outlined above (Piece rate for services, one price, no options)
Right to reject bids
The Town of Arlington reserves the right to reject any and all bids received and accept any bid that, in its judgement, best serves the needs of the Town of Arlington, Vermont.
Those submitting bids do so entirely at their own expense. There is no express or implied obligation by the Town of Arlington to reimburse any entity or individual for any costs incurred in preparing or submitting of bids.
Questions: Contact Nick Zaiac at 802-379-9916
I propose 2-4 weeks after RFP published
TBD by energy committee/Arlington town, but having a relatively short turn around would be beneficial to the overall process!